Chef Mentorship / Chef Development
In the current labor market mentoring for success versus replacement may be a solution if the chef is liked by the members and has the willingness to learn. In this program Chef Ed serves as role model, teacher, counselor, advisor, sponsor, advocate, and ally. Specific goals, objectives, and timelines will be negotiated with the Club Manager and/or Board. Arrangements can also be made for the club to send their Chef to spend a week with Chef Ed for enhanced learning and witnessing “Culinary Pride®” in action.
Culinary programming for both FOH & Culinary teams, organized cooking competitions that group teams of two or three people to cook together and produce a three-course meal. All templates and guidelines will be provided. Chef Ed will serve as lead judge along with additional representatives from the board, committees or club management.
“Make It On The Menu” Competition
Facilitated by Chef Ed, culinary team members compete to develop a dish. Winning dishes make it on the menu with name recognition such as “Dave’s Fish Tacos,” giving team members a sense of pride. This opportunity also results in club members getting to know more of the culinary staff and enhances their food and beverage experience.
Consulting & Coaching Programs
The following services are designed to increase operational performance, brand consistency, and support a culture of excellence. Hands on training can also be incorporated.
- Site visit and objective assessment measured against Chef Ed’s “Culinary Pride® program as the benchmark.
- Assessment of the perception of Club Management, Board and Committees, and Members regarding satisfaction and goals of the culinary program.
- Assessment of team performance and quality standards in all areas of the culinary operation from kitchen equipment, working habits, sanitation, food preparations, processes & methodology used in daily preparation, quality of finished product and over all culture.
- Opportunities assessment advising key leaders on action plans, equipment investments, training needs and areas of focus necessary to raise the bar and benchmark the culinary program.
- Coaching the key chefs on what is needed to build a receptive culture that fosters pride and excellence.
- Planning and prioritizing goals and strategies resulting in improved culture and member satisfaction within the culinary program.
- Regular accountability check-ins and communications with key leaders to ensure commitment and progress.
Training and Motivation
Building A Culture Of Culinary Excellence & Creating The Member Experience Through Food
Chef Ed’s renowned “Culinary Pride®” program will inspire, create food for thought, and energize the F&B team.
Participants will experience “Culinary Pride®” through classroom style education, touring the property, and networking together. Takeaways include implementation tactics, team leadership and engagement best practices, a license to use the “Culinary Pride®” logo and more.
This program is customizable through conversations that define goals and priorities in advance of the live training.
Guest Chef Visit for A Wine Dinner or Special Pop-Up Restaurant
An opportunity to have your culinary team and chef work with Master Chef Edward Leonard, CMC, giving your members a special evening and creating a member experience like no other.